Thursday, 23 February 2012
Replacement beer fridge thermostat
This is an Arduino-based thermostat I made for the beer fridge that Tina found in the rubbish outside our flat. It worked fine for a few months and then stopped - the mechanical thermostat had crapped out.
Coincidentally, I had a thermocouple and a MAX6675 thermocouple amplifier hanging around that I'd purchased with my Sparkfun free day winnings so I threw this together and installed it into the space where the old thermostat had been. Since I had heaps of I/O pins left I added a 7-segment display to display the temperature on the front of the fridge.
It works great, and is currently installed at Cardiff Hackspace, cooling our beers.